Friday 7 August 2009

Opening lines

I had a quick meeting with Patrick* yesterday in preparation for going to the OpenEd conference next week. He passed on two discs from JISC infoNet so I could have a browse while I am sitting in my hotel or maybe even to pass the time on the flight. I know a little about JISC, but not much, so I thought I'd have a look at their website: http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/. It looks like there are loads of great resources there. But straight off I thought I'd follow them on Twitter.

In passing I heard a headline on the radio last night asking people to phone in on the topic 'are you fed up with social networking media?' Some may have tried it out and then become bored, but I feel it is not going to go away. There are certainly fashionable trends on which media to use, though. I guess the clue is in the 'social' part of it - to keep in touch with your friends you need to use the things they use, go to the places they go…

Someone told me that Twitter had been hacked into this week, but as I couldn’t find out any current news stories on it, I'm guessing it was old news from mid July being recycled on the radio because August is always a slack time for news.

*Patrick McAndrew, Director of OLnet

No comments:

Post a Comment